I know what you are thinking, crispy chicken wings from a pressure cooker? Lady you are nuts! But hey don’t stop reading I promise you will be impressed. My husband was blown away thinking I fried them.
It’s super easy too…and fast too!
If your wings aren’t split, cut them apart. Also now would be a great time to trim off any excess fat that may be hanging off your wings.
Place the metal trivet that came with your pressure cooker (if you don’t have a trivet you can grab yours here) and place it in the pot. Salt and pepper your wings and place them on the trivet in layers.
Preheat your oven to broil.
While you wait for the wings to cook prepare the sauce. Heat a small saucepan over medium high heat. Drop the coconut oil in and once melted add the garlic and allow to sauté for a minute or two. Be careful garlic burns super fast. Now add the balance of ingredients and allow to simmer while your wings are becoming amazingly juicy.
Once the pressure cooker is done, do a quick release by flipping the top to vent.
Drop your wings in the sauce tossing to coat.
Place wings on a sheet pan prepared with foil and allow to broil for about 6 minutes. Flip over and broil another 2-3 minutes. Be careful, after the first 6 minutes you may need to lower your rack as the sugars in the sauce can get a bit smokey.
Remove from oven, give them another toss in the sauce and serve with celery sticks and blue cheese if you wish. I had to make a second batch right away as they disappeared pretty quickly after I made them…
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 cups chicken stock divided
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more if you like it spicy
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season wings with salt and pepper and load wings onto trivet in pressure cooker.
- Add 1 cup of chicken stock to cooker, seal lid and cook on manual setting for 9 minutes.
- Preheat oven to broil and prepare a sheet pan with foil.
- Heat sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add coconut oil and once melted add crushed garlic.
- Sauté for a minute or two.
- Add balance of ingredients and allow to simmer until wings are done.
- Do a quick release on wings and dip them in the sauce, tossing to coat.
- Lay all the wings out on prepared pan and broil for 5-6 minutes. Careful they may smoke a bit, if they smoke too much move the rack down.
- Turn them and broil for an additional 3-5 minutes until beautifully crunchy.
- Toss them in the sauce again and serve alongside some crunchy celery and blue cheese if desired.